Even within Snappy, access to your personal information is limited to only those employees who require such information to handle matters relating to compliance, identity verification, fraud prevention and customer support.
1. Information We Collect
When you create a Snappy account, we’ll collect some important details about you such as your name, address, phone number, email, birth date, password, debit card, credit card or bank account, and related account information. As Snappy adds additional features, you may also be prompted to provide additional information.
Sometimes we need to request more information to verify your identity or to meet legal and regulatory obligations. When that is necessary, you will be prompted to provide such information.
There is some information that is automatically collected as you use Snappy application. This information allows us to deliver new features, more easily handle your customer support issues and better protect your account. This information includes:
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, including the type of device (Computer vs. iPhone vs. Android), operating system, mobile phone number, browser type and language, and device identifiers (such as IMEI and MAC address).
- Services. We collect information about your Service requests and payments such as the location, the type of service, amount, date and time for each service.
2. Protecting Your Information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that is associated with you or can be used to identify you. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized.
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. All of our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards are designed to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
3. How We Use Your Information
We collect all of this information so that we can provide you with a safe and seamless way to make an appointment and make payments. The information we collect allows us to:
- Deliver the full range of services and functionalities of the Services;
- Keep in touch with you – whether it be for providing customer service, notifying you of new features that have been added to the mobile apps, or providing security notices or information;
- Verify your identity so that we can prevent fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Improve Snappy or add new product features by analyzing usage trends;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We will never disclose your personal information to third parties. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, as well as our content and advertising.
4. How We Share Your Information
In order to provide you with the Snappy product and meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we may share the information we collect as detailed below:
- When you link your wallet details, bank account details or credit card details, we will share your account information with other banking partners or Finance Companies so that we can process payments. We also may need to share your information with your own Bank or the Finance Institution in order to verify and complete payment transactions.
- In order to prevent fraud, we will sometimes need to share your information with third party identity verification services. This lets us make sure you are who you say you are, by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third party databases.
- In order to improve Snappy functionality, we may sometimes share information with service providers that help us analyze how people are using the app. This allows us to refine popular features and improve or eliminate features people don’t use.
- We will share your information with other third parties if you specifically authorize us to do so.
5. How To Change or Delete Your Information
If you need to add or change any information, you can just log in to your Snappy account and make the change in your settings. If it doesn’t look like you can make the change on your own, just reach out to [email protected] and we’ll take care of it.
If you want to close your Snappy account, know that as a regulatory requirement we are required to retain certain information you have provided for a number of years.
6. E-Sign Consent
Please be aware that your consent to the electronic delivery of disclosures is required to open an account or use any of the Services (as defined in the End User Agreement). If you are unable or unwilling to provide such consent, you will not be able to open an account. Once you have opened an account you can rescind your consent to electronic delivery of disclosures at any time and receive paper communications as set forth below.
This E-Sign Consent applies to any and all communications and/or disclosures that Snappy is legally required to provide to you in writing in connection with your account and any related products and services (“Communications”). This E-Sign Consent supplements and is to be construed in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in the User Agreement (“User Agreement”).
Scope. When you use the Services, you agree that we may provide you with any Communications in electronic format, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you, unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive electronic communications and transactions includes, but is not limited to:
- Legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with your account or the Services;
- Communications regarding any deposits, withdrawals or transactions; and
- Responses to claims filed in connection with your account.
Methods of Communication. All Communications that we provide to you in electronic form will be provided by e-mail, by posting to the Snappy website (https://snappy.lk ), or through other electronic communication such as mobile push notification or text message.
Updating your Information. It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address, your contact information, and other information related to this E-Sign Consent and your account, keep such information up to date. You may update your information by logging into your account.
Withdrawing Consent. You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications at any time. You understand that any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after Circle has had a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. You understand that withdrawing your consent to electronic Communications will likely result in the closure of your account.
Communications in Writing. All electronic Communications from us to you will be considered “in writing” and shall have the same meaning and effect as a paper Communication. You should print or download for your records a copy of this E-Sign Consent and any other Communication that is important to you.
General. Snappy reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel this electronic Communication service, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which Snappy provides electronic Communications. Snappy will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.